Location = Chestnut Hill, MA
Rats are one VERY formidable foe, below are just a few of the reasons why!
- Rats were first introduced into the United States around 1775.
- Rats sense of taste is excellent, and they can detect some contaminants in their food at levels as low as 0.5 parts per million.
- Rats constantly explore and learn about their environment, memorizing the locations of pathways, obstacles, food and water, shelter, and other elements in their domain.
- Rats can emit 8,000lbs of pressure per square inch with their jaws & teeth.
- Rats can easily gnaw through wood, iron, lead, concrete, and many other substrates.
- Rats can drop 50 feet without being seriously injured.
- Rats can jump from a flat surface up to 36 inches vertically and as far as 48 inches horizontally.
- Rats can swim as far as 1/2 mile in open water & tread water for 3 days.