Enter to Win a Free K9 Bed Bug Inspection

Sign-up now for a chance to win a free 3-D K9 inspection in conjunction with our customary free bed bug consultation*

First Name:*

Last Name:*

Email:*

Company:

Enter Word Verification:*

Captcha Image

*3-D K9 inspection is good for up to 5 units, including one suspect active unit and up to 4 adjacent units.

×

Take a Bite Out of your Bed Bug Treatment Budget

Fill out the form below to contact us today!

Name:*

Email:*

Phone:*

Company:

Location:*

Comments:

Enter Verification:*

Captcha Image

×

Get Your Organic Mosquito Solution Now

Fill out the form below to contact us today!

Name:*

Email:*

Phone:*

Company:

Location:*

Comments:

×

Get Your Organic Tick Solution Now

Fill out the form below to contact us today!

Name:*

Email:*

Phone:*

Company:

Location:*

Comments:

×

Bedbug Infestation Video

Press play to watch the video below.

×
Call Us At 877.507.0698
Forward Thinking Pest Control

Call Us At 877.507.0698
Forward Thinking Pest Control

EHS Pest Control

RI, MA EHS Pest Control Blog

RSS -- Grab EHS RSS Feed

A HOUSE FIRE SUNDAY morning generated an explosion that sent six people to the hospital including four firefighters and an off-duty firefighter. The blaze began just before 9 am while the elderly resident was out for her morning walk. After investigation it has been determined that a squirrel on a utility pole created a short that blew the transformer. The short circuit sent a 7,600-volt surge into the house and started the fire.

A neighbor called the Centerville Fire Department and they arrived to find the working fire that had already burned part of the roof off. While they were inside the burning house a powerful explosion detonated sending fire out all the windows and stunning the firefighters. They all made it out of the house ok, but had assorted bumps, bruises and burns requiring them to be transported. Also injured were an off-duty firefighter from another department who had stopped to help and a bystander. The explosion knocked out the windows, shifted the walls and blew off what remained of the roof.

The investigators discovered yesterday (Monday) that when the underground utilities were laid, that the electric cable and the gas pipe were placed on top of each other. They found evidence that the power surge started the cable burning and it eventually cause the gas pipe to fail, letting leaking gas follow the line into the house where the working fire detonated the higher pressure leak.

WHO-TV Ch. 13 Des Moines has a good video report showing the failed utility lines along with interviews of the firefighters who were in the house at the time.

George Williams,
General Manager - Staff Entomologist

Pest Control, RI, Pest Control, MA 


Environmental Health Services, Inc.Environmental Health Services, Inc. $$

823 Pleasant Street
Norwood,
MA 02062
Email: info@ehspest.com
Phone: 877-507-0698