5 TIPS TO REDUCE TICK PRESSURE AROUND YOUR HOME
1. Mow the lawn to keep grasses and weeds short. Current guidelines recommend mowing every 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the season and how fast the grass is growing.
2. Ticks enjoy damp, dark places, and a cozy nest is a great place for them to hide. Remove bird nests and bird feeders from the lawn. Remove wood piles, as these not only serve as nests for tick-carrying rodents, they also can attract termites.
3. Fence your backyard to contain deer and other wildlife.
4. Mulch around swing sets, play areas and sand boxes.
5. Avoid including tick-harboring plants, like pachysandra and other low lying vegetation that provide shading close to the ground.
General Manager - Staff Entomologist