RODENTS are being blamed for starting a fire at a house in Wakefield in the early hours of the morning.
It is believed mice gnawed through wiring, causing a small fire at a house in a small English town called Netherton.
Crews from Ossett Fire Station were alerted to the blaze at the property in Netherton Hall Gardens shortly after 3am this morning.
Watch commander Richard Humes said: “It is not something you get everyday. I think we can logically put the cause down to mice as there were droppings found nearby.”
The exposed wires caused boxes to smoulder in a utility room, filling the property with smoke and waking the owners.
General Manager - Staff Entomologist