Woman's Breast Lost to Spider Bite!
A woman's breast lost to a spider bite causes panic in suburbia. Victoria Franklin, the afflicted woman, was utterly shocked that a brown recluse spider could do so much damage. After being bitten Easter Sunday morning and noticing lumps on her breast, she did not think much of it. The wound worsened as time went by, eventually turning her breast black and swollen. Franklin even said the bite wound smelled profusely.
Finally, the next friday, Victoria Franklin woke up in extreme pain and called her friend to take her to the hospital. There, she fell into an 11 day coma and woke up missing a breast. The brown recluse spider bite causes necrosis, or cell death, near and around the bite. This can lead to severe infection and open wounds. Victoria Franklin was more shocked that a spider bite could do so much damage than worried about her breast.
People, especially parents, should be aware of the dangers that lie in dark spaces. The brown recluse loves hiding in cardboard boxes and any dark, fairly uninhabited space. Watch out when cleaning out the garage, and make sure to use gloves.
The brown recluse is among many spiders in America that can cause harmful bites if not treated immediately. If you are bitten, capture the spider for diagnosis, and call your doctor immediately.
While the hobo-recluse species of spiders are not common in New England there have been a number of reported incidents in the six New England states. Pests are very efficient hitch-hikers and often get relocated by tourism, business commerce, etc. In this video the poor woman has a mastectomy due to a Brown Recluse Spider bite. The key to avoiding serious injury from spider bites is early detection and treatment.