Did you know that an ant's abdomen contains two stomachs?! One stomach holds food for itself while the other one contains food to be shared with other ants.
Here's a few more cool ant facts:
- Ants have 250,000 brain cells while humans have 10,000 million.
- Combined weights of ants on earth is more than the combined weight of humans.
- Ants began farming about 50 million years before humans thought to raise their own crops.
- Ants rarely fight but when they do fight it is a fight to death most of the time.
- Ants often sleep seven hours a day, while a type of ant i.e. fire ant takes about 250 naps each day.
- The legs of the ant are very strong so they can run very quickly. If a man could run as fast for his size as an ant can, he could run as fast as a racehorse.
General Manager - Staff Entomologist