Location = Framingham, MA
Mice & rats are prolific breeders! Their biotic potential is staggering and certainly something not to mess around with. Yet too often people think they can go to the home supply store & fix the problem themselves. The infestation often gets worse due to their underestimation of the situation and the risks associated with these pests skyrocket. As populations rise these social pests create stress within their colonies and this make matters even more severe. Infestations spread out (urine, droppings, & damage in more areas) and gnawing increases (fire risk & damage) and the control program gets more involved (costly). For all these reasons it is a situation we at EHS take so seriously, call on, count on us!
- Litters of 5 or 6 young are born 19 to 21 days after mating.
- Mice are weaned & sexually mature as early as 6 to 10 weeks old.
- Mice may breed year-round and a female may have 5 to 10 litters per year.
- A single female mouse is capable of producing 72 mice in a given year.
- A pair of mice are capable of producing 10,000 droppings & 1 pint of urine per year.
- Female rats can give birth 7 times per year, average of 8 pups per litter.
- Female rats are sexually mature within 24 hours of giving birth.
- In 3-4 weeks pups are weaned & sexually mature.
- A female rat is capable of producing 60 rats in a given year.